Any plans for RFC2228 support?
Whit Blauvelt
2006-01-25 16:23:35 UTC
A client's customer wants to download their data via the RFC2228 standard
(both channels encrypted, if I read it right). Are there any plans to
support it? If not, are there flaws in that standard, or is it just too much
work to incorporate?

Thanks,
Whit

Rajat Upadhyaya
2006-01-27 04:34:24 UTC
Post by Whit Blauvelt
A client's customer wants to download their data via the RFC2228 standard
(both channels encrypted, if I read it right). Are there any plans to
support it? If not, are there flaws in that standard, or is it just too much
work to incorporate?
Basic RFC 2228 support is already present in Pure-FTPd with support for
using SSL/TLS. However, as of now, only control channel protection is
available. Data channel remains unprotected.

We at Novell are in the process of adding support to Pure-FTPd for
using GSS-API as specified in RFC 2228. Then, using GSS-API, you can use
Kerberos for authentication of FTP users. Also, support for control
channel & data channel protection using the same GSS-API will be
present. In addition to these, authorization using local files
(/etc/passwd) and via LDAP will be supported.

Regards,
Rajat